who's who

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: who's who
From: L Jordan <ay107@lafn.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:38:47 -0700
  Well guess I should jump in:

 I am Linda Jordan, owner of a 68 1600 and former owner of a 67 1600.
Bought a  67 1600 in 1976 and drove it , not until the doors fell off,
but until they were removed along with the hood, trunk lid, dash
windshield, seats , bumpers etc. and then junked under a smog abatement
program 10 yrs or so ago here in Los Angeles. I still have some of the
parts. My 68 I've had since around 86 I think. It ran when I got it but
needed a little bodywork. My boyfriend at the time was mechanically
inclined and he and I did all the body and paint and also the brakes,
water pump, radiator, carbs etc. The head had been done and so had the
clutch. Still it never ran quite like it was supposed to so after
discovering a local Datsun group and then later the List, many questions
were answered. I managed to learn quite alot through it all as I am
curious about how things work, and most guys will explain things once
they see that you appreciate the process. Also having the manual is
good. I don't mind doing things if I can get some help, but now that the
original Datsun boyfriend is gone it has become harder to find that
help, which is why I appreciate the List. Some guys barely know one end
of the wrench from the other.I do have a couple of friends who show up
once in a while though. Since I'm in the health biz I have an endless
supply of gloves so I don't get greasy, yuck.

I've been in health care all of my life pretty much, as a medical
assistant, EMT, massage therapist, Registered Nurse and since 1988 a Lic
Acupuncturist in private practice. I'm used to seeing how the system
works and which parts are bad so it's pretty similar to Roadster
restoration. Some people are pretty rusted out, and the hydraulics don't
work too good either, if you know what I mean........ But in the
interest of keeping everyone on the road, I do my best. As an RN I do
Home Health care, mostly IV stuff.
Anyway that's my story . I'm currently single, other interests are
hiking, camping, photography and preserving the environment, so I am a
fan of the Sierra Club. I like traveling when I can, and really like the
South.
Would love to get the Roadster on the road again cause it sits in the
garage, but some things go fast and others slow, and I don't fight it.
Know what I mean?
Linda
68 1600
Los Angeles