Re: Roadster Grounding and Frame Removal Questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Roadster Grounding and Frame Removal Questions
From: John Hogan <mad@madgrizzle.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 17:58:31 -0500
At 04:51 PM 1/14/2002 -0500, SRAPL311@aol.com wrote:
>Someday, someone who isn't as careful or knowledgeable as he might be, may
>attempt to jump start the car, replace the battery or something.  Many
>persons go largely by convention and may assume red is positive and damage
>the electrical system or battery. Best to follow conventions.

Thanks for all the input.  I agree with Mr. 'SRAPL311@aol.com' (sorry,
don't know your name) that if someone was going to put a new battery in the
car and didn't know anything about it, they may put the positive to ground
in this case.  That red wire will probably be the VERY first thing I remove
as part of my restoration project.

Also, for people asking about photos, I'm working on a website that will
document the whole restoration process.  I've commandeered my personal
domain name (something from my MMPORG days.. if you don't know what it is,
you probably don't want to know) and will be turning it into my Datsun
Roadster page.  Address is www.madgrizzle.com and you can see a few
pictures of it (image size on pictures is large, sorry, I will work on
it).  I will be adding more pictures in the coming day now that I spent my
whole weekend clearing the garage.

John Hogan
1967.5 2000 SRL31100141 "Solex"