first roadster

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: first roadster
From: "Terry and Donna Cost" <tcost@vvm.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 06:10:32 -0600
My first roadster was "Frank", and I bought him in 1991.  A good friend of
mine in the Army had purchased a brand new 1600 in 1968, and he won top time
of day in most of the gymkhanas (autocrosses) we competed in at that time.  We
also did some TSD Rallies in it during that time, and remained friends in
spite of that. We got 35 miles per gallon on a "gimmick" rally once. In 1990 I
started looking for a roadster to autocross and found Frank in Fort Worth, sad
and broken. I fixed and successfully autocrossed him for several years. I
acquired several other roadsters and many parts, and combined them to make the
Gray Ghost, which I still drive.  Frank went to Gary Neel's house in Oklahoma,
where his Brother Bob is restoring it.  Most of the go-fast pieces went to
Andy, who autocrosses in Tetanus and will soon autocross in Pokey. (Isn't that
Alexander's horse's name?)

Leisure Suit Terry