RE: First roadster

To: list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: First roadster
From: Mark Dent <stickerman@home.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 23:03:35 -0500
OK,

68 1600 Black with red interior.  Daily driver in high school, 1st year no
top, just a tonneau and a hooded sweatshirt.  I found a hardtop about a
year into it and used that.  I never saw another one, but one day cam back
to mine to find a rusty pitted headlight scoop in place of my good one!  I
lived in a tourist town so I figure someone must have been on vacation with
theirs and switched them.  I put my heart and soul into that little car!  I
knew nothing about cars when I got it, but plenty by the time it went.  I
blew the head gasket once and changed it using the Chiltons manual,  I
looked at that a while ago and it is 4 steps!  I always had a woman down
the street begging to buy it, and one day saw a 78 280Z I just had to
have.  I sold her the car for the price of the Z and actually had her drive
me over to get my new car.  2 weeks later she rolled it while drunk.  I
felt horrible.  I have 1 photo of it.  I miss it.

10 years later I bought another 68 1600.  On the way from Mass. to Maryland
I stopped at my high school friends house, we drove for hours, laughing and
remembering.  He spent as much time in the car as I did so many years ago.

Last year I bought a 64 1500, and started to strip the 68 for a restore and
KA24 swap.

Mark
Baltimore Maryland
1964 1500       1968 1600