First Roadster

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: First Roadster
From: "Mike Faggart" <mikef@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 20:03:54 -0500
My first roadster was a new 1969 yellow 2000.  When I turned 16, my father had
a 4 cyl. jeep for me to drive.  My grandfather then traded in his Buick for a
Mercury Cougar so that I could drive that.  Well, dad, not to be outdone, went
over to the Datsun dealership and got me a roadster.  I drove this while in
high school and then took it to college for 2 years.  I loved that car, I got
a hardtop for it in the winter.  It shared a carport with a Porsche, and mom's
Ford Wagon.  I got to know Jim Fitzgerald in Clemmons and his mechanics were
my mechanics.  Actually, Keith Hege, who worked for Jim, still lives in
Advance, NC and does a little work on the cars.  I've got pics of my car in
the snowy mountains, and at the beach.  I still have the trophies that I won
in the autocrosses.  I just wish that I could find the s/n to see if it is
still alive.  I finally traded it in after a slight mishap with a ditch.  A
BMW 2002 followed.

My second roadster was red (what else).  I got this after we were married and
we needed a second car.  This one was used and was not in the best shape.
This one lasted till we traded it in for a family car.   And now, some 28-30
years later, I am on my 3rd
roadster, primer queen!!!!!

Mike Faggart
SEROC