RE: Brakes Locked Up... Why?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Brakes Locked Up... Why?
From: Robert.Long@CSDInc.com
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:24:28 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Allen [mailto:dumpdude@pon.net]
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 5:11 PM
To: datsunmike; Patrick P. Castronovo; David Datsun;
datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net

<snip>
>  We have all heard it time an time again-bleed the darn brakes-some
recommend yearly. Brake
>  fluid is a natural for getting moisture mixed in with the fluid and that
leads to rust whcih
>  leads to pitting.

I can testify to the above.  Recently I decided to replace the rear shoes
and
front pads.  By the time I was done, along with the shoes & pads, I also
replaced
the cylinders and calipers.  I've been reading for years that the Roadster
has pretty
good brakes, when everthing's functioning correctly, now I can agree with
that too.

Robert
67.5 1600 (ready to try another Solo II event)
Abq