Re: Cold Air Induction-air box

To: marc@animalfirm.com
Subject: Re: Cold Air Induction-air box
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 10:23:18 -0700 (PDT)
> On a serious note,  polyester resin will melt styrofoam before you have a
> chance to use the acetone on it.  Epoxy resin is another matter.  You
> could wirebrush the styrofoam out of the part easily and not have a
> puddle of toxic goo to deal with.

        Hi Mark,
I am not using styrofoam but a product called X-30 2 part expanding polyurethane
foam.  Its a product from tap plastics and it is used in this manner all the
time.
The two different resins will not hurt it at all but it does disolve in
acetone.
The box will probably be biggish and pretty convoluted in shape...don'tknow
how I would brush the foam out of it... This trick is one that guys who make
motorcycle tanks use. The toxic goo is pretty gross and it does take a bit
of acetone....
                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA