Re: Pertronix Debate

To: dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pertronix Debate
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 22:34:47 EDT
In a message dated 7/10/01 4:08:26 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu writes:

> All right so.. I can't adjust the 'dwell' of the pertronix and I realize
> that
> I don't exactly know what dwell is.  Oh well... I don't have a problem with
> the Pertronix unit.

 Dwell = the # of distributor shaft degrees that the point remain CLOSED.
When they are closed, the coil is busy building up V's (from 12 to 25k-35K)
to send off through the plug wires. Easy enough. The Pertronix takes care of
all those details for you.

and a big, motherly, TSK-TSK...   trying to fix things that ain't broke......
<grin>

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
69 SRL311