Re: Carb stack socks

To: "Gary McCormick" <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>,
Subject: Re: Carb stack socks
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 15:38:59 -0500
Gary McCormick wrote

>This issue has come up on the list a number of times in the last few
>years, and I remember
>one list member citing a study that was conducted by a company he had
>worked for on their
>fleet of trucks. Oil analysis showed that the oiled foam filters passed an
>unacceptable
>amount of particulate matter and they went back to conventional filters.
>
>gary

So oiled foam filters in general, not K&N specifically.   Okee-dokee.  Of
course most airboxes that i've seen have foam filters.  any
recommendations on paper-filtered airboxes,?  I wonder if you could use a
rectangular paper element in a home-made air-box.....

-Marc

Marc Tyler
Designer,
Animal Firm