Re: Roll bars, Timing and Carbs (was: bolt holes)

To: "Mitch Planck" <mitch@ias.net>
Subject: Re: Roll bars, Timing and Carbs (was: bolt holes)
From: "Calvin Grandy" <cmgfam@sover.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 17:48:39 -0400
Mitch

You may have sinking floats in the carbs.  After exposure to fuel, they take
on some of it and start to get a bit heavy.  This causes an over rich
condition and poor running.  I only speak of this cause it happened to me
with similar symptoms.  If your are brass, contact some vendor for some of
the late model plastic ones.  It made a difference!

By the way,  Who has a roll bar to fit my 1968 1600?  I want to fit a bar to
provide for useful shoulder harness type seat belts.

I have inquired of the manufacturers, and I am will
Wish I had an assortment of roadsters to go see.  I have a project in the
works, and kind of don't want to take the present one apart.  "It is so
sweet" as my teen age son would say.

Regards

Calvin Grandy
Vermont