Re: Dash Caps

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dash Caps
From: Dat2000srl@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 20:53:06 EDT
I was succesful in removing the screws with a rachet type screw drive, sears
carrys them, it take a hex end screw bit simular to that on a power screw
driver, the rachet is about 4"-5" long and the bit can be put in either way,
depending on how you want to turn the screw (clockwise or ccw). I also used
some breakfree oil, and let it soak up overnight. that was the easy part. You
need to glue the dash cover over the old remains of the original dash. I used
alot.. I mean ALOT of rubberbands to hold it together. The end result was
very nice. I was very happy with the results. I dont have a pic of it but you
would have to really look to find it is a cover not original. Larry