Re: Dash Caps

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dash Caps
From: "Brian St. Jacques" <brian@varatouch.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 09:00:01 -0700
John,

I was messing around with the dash on my '68 and did manage to remove it
with the windshield intact. I used one of those funky bent screwdrivers and
it took a little while, but I got all of the upper screws out. I can see
how it would be a real problem if the screws were really tight or rusted
in. Luckily all of mine broke loose pretty easily.

BTW, at some point in the future I may be interested in your dash cap if
you still have it, but I have a feeling that may be quite a ways off...lots
of work to be done.

At 06:05 AM 6/13/2000, jschmi7@us.ibm.com wrote:
>I bought a dash cap(actually a couple of them) a couple years ago from JCW.
>The reason I have yet to install one is that I have been told that the only
>way to really do it right is to remove the dash.  To do that, I am told,
>you must first remove the windshield.
>
>Has anyone installed one of the JCW dashes, can't remember who is the
>manufacturer, and did you have to remove the dash or windshield to do it?
>
>The reason I bought 2 was a request from a friend who had a couple
>roadsters and he asked me to order one for him while he was at it.  He then
>sold all of his roadster stuff so I have an extra.  Anyone want to make me
>an offer for a black dashcap that is still in the box?
>
>John Schmitt    Telecommuter Office # - 847-458-7829
>    Internal phonemail only  -  847-240-4725      pager pin#  800-759-8888
>pin 8710561

Brian '68 1600