My Choice for New Wheels

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: My Choice for New Wheels
From: dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 23:40:20 -0800
Hi All,
        Well I have been doing some looking and I think that I have narrowed
down my choices for 'what new style wheel might look good on a roadster'.
If you get road and track look in the "discount tire direct" add (or online
at www.tires.com).
        The models I like are the Enkei RF-1 or Enkei RSE.  The RF-1 is a
little cheaper $779 for 15by7's with 195/50TR-15 tires compared to the RSE
$1019 (16x7 with 205/40HR-16's).  Tell me what you people think of them
would ya (like I have to ask).
        Why are Panasports so expensive??  I have never heard of them before
this list.  Are they lighter-stronger-better made wheels than Enkei??  I
could get the RF-1 package for less than the cheapest price quoted to me
for just the panasport wheels (no tires).  Is it just that they 'look' like
old fashioned racing wheels. Don't get me wrong I think that they look okay
I am just trying to justify the price difference.
        I think that 16 inch wheels with 40 series tires would look pretty
neat-o on my roadster, am I crazy??  I heard that Les and Dennis were
working on a 16 inch wheel that would fit. Have you guys found anything
yet?

                                        Daniel 69 2000