Re: My Choice for New Wheels

To: "Daniel Neuman" <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Subject: Re: My Choice for New Wheels
From: Ronnie Day <rday@cyberramp.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 19:55:36 -0600
>       I do not know where you got those prices but they are way cheaper
>than what was quoted to me by our suppliers. The cheapest I found was $185
>each for wheels.

This was through Paul Spruell (sp?) in Atlanta. They advertise/have an
800 number in the ads in Sport Car. I could be off on the price, but I'm
pretty sure it was $152 for either 13 by 6 or 7. 15 inch would be more
I'm sure. I thought about going with 15 inch, but the folks with lots of
recent experience said stick with the 13's.

This is for competition remember, and on a 510. Completely different
suspension. There were a couple of 510's at Shasta running 17's and VERY
low aspect ratio tires. Both were running four wheel Wildwood type disc
brakes showed off very nicely by the wheels. Of course the wheel, tires
and brakes probably cost as much as my whole car! Very trick.

Whatever you decide, buy quality. You'll not regret it.

Later, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@cyberramp.net
The ACL Group