Re: [Wedge] TR7/8 FI air intake

To: jays@paonline.com, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu, buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Wedge] TR7/8 FI air intake
From: FOSmith@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 23:38:36 EST
> to replace the 2-2" cold air intake hoses to the filter box.  Has anyone
> come up with a good substitute for these?  I may order some hose from

Try some flexible aluminum heat riser hose.   It comes in the correct size
and is available in any parts store.   It's usually painted black so it looks
fairly original too.

> Is anyone using a K&N filter in place of the factory airbox?

A K&N filter will cause you to fail smog inspection in California so if you
get one, hang on to your original parts.   I'm not convinced that these offer
improvement, however.   When underhood temps soar, you're taking in intake air
that's very hot and thin, whereas the original setup takes intake air from a
cooler spot ahead of the radiator.   Cooler air is denser and packs more
energy
into the combustion chambers.
Fred Smith
Orinda, CA