Re: FW: 14 CUX EFI

To: Larry Mosher <lpmosher@starband.net>
Subject: Re: FW: 14 CUX EFI
From: James Howard <jhoward@sextans.lowell.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 12:32:38 -0700
Larry Mosher wrote:
> Gents,
> Based on my experiences with a 1994 Chevy Lumina Euro (with the "Hot" 3.4L),
> it sounds like you have a vacuum leak.

I have suspected this, but have been unable to find it.  The method that
works on my MGB, spraying carb cleaner around all the joints and seeing
if the idle speed changed, didn't work because of the idle conttol.
But, the thought just occurred to me that if I plug up the idle air
control circuit like you do when setting the base idle, a leak would be
easier to find.

I sure hope it is not the intake manifold gasket.  That is not any fun
to get to.

James

///
///