Re: FW: 14 CUX EFI

To: Pieter Erasmus <pietere@adsmr.co.za>
Subject: Re: FW: 14 CUX EFI
From: James Howard <jhoward@sextans.lowell.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 10:02:37 -0700
Pieter Erasmus wrote:

  The RR has almost no back
> compression when decellerating and when stopping, the revs would sit very
> high, at 1100, and only after a few seconds would start to drop. This is
> very annoying when changing gears at low RPM's because as I depress the
> clutch to change, the revs would go up and the brakes are working overtime.
> To my mind it seems as if the stepper motor is not responding for some
> reason and/or the ECU does not cut off the fuel supply on overrun. I can
> just add the the stepper motor worked fine before fitting the road speed
> sensor. Any help/advice on this will be much appreciated.

Pieter, this sounds similar to the problem I have been having with my 89
Range Rover with the 3.9 engine.  Everything on mine is stock.  It is a
little less annoying for me because I have an automatic, but I have to
hold my foot on the brake pedal a little harder when stopped at traffic
lights.  I have tried two different idle air control valves and reset
the base idle and the ECU many times.

The only other weird thing is while the idle is way too high when the
engine is warm, when it is cold, it almost stalls.  If it does stall,
the only way it will restart is if I reset the ECU.

James Howard
Flagstaff, Arizona, USA

///
///