Re: Help With PCV setup for Rover V8

To: <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Help With PCV setup for Rover V8
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 21:25:11 -0800
There are different units around, but most perform both functions :
serve as a restriction to limit the flow of air and fumes from the
crankcase into the intake manifold, and also as a checkvalve to ensure
that fuel/air from the intake manifold cannot be drawn back into the
crankcase.

Randall

David Read wrote:

> I could be wrong here, but ....
> I thought the purpose of the PCV valve was to prevent crancase fumes
> polluting the atmosphere by allowing diluting air in but not out except
> by means of an alternative path into the engine's cylinders.

///
///