Re: Rover blocks

To: David Kernberger <dkern@napanet.net>
Subject: Re: Rover blocks
From: Susan and John Roper <vscjohn@huntnet.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 10:50:16 -0500
David, the bore and stroke of the 3.9 and 4.0 are identical.  The 3.9 uses the
3.5
rods, small journal crank, and oil pump and distributor driven off the cam.  $.0
uses late rods(longer), kighter pistons with shorter compression height, large
journal crank with longer nose, oil pump driven buy the crank, different cam,
and
no distributor.  The interim block has the late casting but uses the earlier
internals except for the oil pump and cam.  John