RE: Strokers, etc.

To: "'Jan Ben'" <ben@lucent.com>, buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Strokers, etc.
From: "Jones, Daniel C" <Daniel.Jones@MW.Boeing.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 10:33:36 -0500
>So what's up Dan, how's the bad Kitty car?

I'm still working too much overtime so I'm not making any progress on the
projects.
I figure I'll take the week of Thanksgiving off and finish up the Buick 215
the TR7,
then install it over the Christmas holidays.  Over labor day, I'll head back
Ohio to bring back the '56 F100 project truck and do some work on one of the

Mustangs.

I've been gathering all kinds of neat parts though.  I now have three sets
of
canted valve NASCAR high port aluminum cylinder heads, one set of which will

end up in the Pantera.  I'm even considering doing an independent runner
injection
system similar to the one shown here:

http://users.supernet.com/auments/Pantera/engine1.jpg

With the injection, A3 high port heads, and a stroker crank, the new motor
should make around 550 HP and still be streetable.

I've decide to put several heads on a flow bench to satisfy my curiosity.
The line up looks like
   Buick 215 (home-ported)
   Buick 300 (unported)
   Rover 3.5L (unported)
   Gurney Weslake
   Ford Motorsport C302B (Roush CNC ported)
   Ford Motorsport A3 narrow port (ported)
   Ford Motorsport A3 wide port (unported)

The turbo manifolds are for a shoebox Ford ('49-'51) project that a friend
wants
to do.  He's thinking about a turbocharged 266 stroker for it but his engine
builder
is trying to talk him into a 5.0L Ford which probably would make more sense.
If
he ends up doing that, I'll keep the manifolds.   So how are your projects
coming
along?

Dan Jones