RE: Bellhousings...

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Bellhousings...
From: "Jones, Daniel C" <Daniel.Jones@MW.Boeing.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 12:46:36 -0500
The SROD and Tremec have longer input shafts (same length as a T5)
than a toploader 4 speed.  If you use an SROD/Tremec bellhousing
with a toploader, the input shaft *may* not be long enough to fully engage
the pilot bushing.  However, a friend is getting away with it.  He uses the
wider of the two bushings and says it works okay.

A T-5 should not bolt up to a toploader bellhousing.  I've only seen 4 bolt
versions.

Dan Jones