Bellhousings...

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Bellhousings...
From: Gregory72@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 00:05:11 EDT
When you say the depth won't be optimal, do you mean too long or too short?
The P76 bell looks to be about 1/2" longer than the Buick 215 one.  When I
test fitted the bell on the Ford gearbox today, the tip of the mainshaft
looked about right as far as length goes.  Also, I've heard that there are
different bolt patterns for Ford Toploaders.  One with 8 holes and the other
with a "narrow" 4 hole pattern.  It's the 4 hole pattern on the Aussie
bellhousing.  A Ford T-5 won't bolt up to it.

Greg