RE: Greetings & Problem

To: Ron Howard <DigiFX@coastalnet.com>
Subject: RE: Greetings & Problem
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:57:26 -0700
Ron:

        Welcome.  Just a note.  Be careful with the freeing process.  I
installed the incorrect sized clutch disc into a car once.  It was a tad
oversized, just enough to bind.  I jacked the vehicle up and did the wheels
spinning, jam the foot on brake and clutch trick.  With a screech, I managed
to weld the inner bush of the clutch disc to the inner bush of the clutch
diaphragm.  Luckily the clutch cover was not badly damaged.

        All four wheels, two driveshafts, transfer case and gearbox on a
Land Rover make one hell of a welding rig.

Kelvin.