Greetings & Problem

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Greetings & Problem
From: "Ron Howard" <DigiFX@coastalnet.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 16:32:58 -0400
OK, I've been lurking here long enough. By way of introduction, I am Ron
Howard, long time owner of 2 chrome bumbered '74 MGBs, one of which I fitted
with a '62 Buick 215.  Let me say I am impressed by the quality and quantity
of information you fellow listers make available. I'm hoping someone out
there can offer me a better suggestion than I have come up with to solve my
problem concerning a stuck clutch plate. It worked fine as late as 3 months
ago....I've been moving and no time to play with car. These are facts about
clutch system, though I don't think they should matter:  Stock MGB master
and slave, both new <1000 mi. ago. Action feels perfect at petal. I just
completed a bleed job, just to make sure....petal feels as perfect as it did
before bleed. Clutch is 10" MGC, same as TR8, working on a trimmed down MGB
flywheel. In 11,000 mi. it has always worked perfect. I have tried the usual
clutch freeing methods: 1) Use starter motor with petal in and gearbox in
4th, 2) Petal down, 4th gear engaged....me pushing and pulling on car until
exhaustion, 3) Petal down, 4th gear engaged...yank hell out of car with
Jeep...result: car drags both Positraction geared  rear wheels.
Any ideas other than pulling motor and trans for surgery? Boy!...Do I not
want to do that so bad!
Please...somebody come up with a miracle here...Thanks for any other ideas,
blessings, prayers, incantations, voodoo, whatever..... Ron