Re: Timing/distributor problems

To: "Jim Stuart" <jimbb88@erols.com>, "Larry Michelon" <lmichelon@i-c.net>
Subject: Re: Timing/distributor problems
From: "The Becketts" <hillman@bigpond.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 19:30:03 +1000
One option for Australian listers (sorry Larry), is to fit a modified Bosch
distributor from a GM Holden V8.  Rangie Spares in Melbourne tel (03)
9464-4094 sell them.  While we are talking replacement parts, the viscous
fan coupling from a late model Ford Falcon (late '80s) will fit the '86
Range Rover motor.  Mine has the coupling and a cut-down Ford steel fan.  I
think the later Falcons (1990 EA onward) use plastic fans but I'm not sure

Ron Beckett
'86 Range Rover 4.6L

Webmaster & Database Manager Hillman Owners Club of Australia
Editor, Land Rover Owners Club of Australia (Sydney Branch)
www.localnet.com.au/~lroc
check my web site www.users.bigpond.com/hillman