Re: Stainless Steel Brake Lines

To: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Subject: Re: Stainless Steel Brake Lines
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 20:13:17 -0400
At 10:05 AM 5/15/00 -0700, Roland Dudley wrote:
>I'm thinking about replacing the old hard brake lines on my car with
>stainless steel lines.  There's a company in New York state called
>Classic Tube that claims to have preformed SS lines that will fit my
>car.
>
>Question 1: has anyone on this list had any experience with the Classic
>            Tube, and if so, what was your opinion of their products?

Roland,

I just had some SS lines made for my Bricklin.  I used  Classic Lines in
Midina, OH.  800-7788237 (www.finelinesinc.com).  They did a GREAT job.
I highly recommend them!!!

>Question 2: I've heard negative comments about SS brake lines- mainly
>            that they're hard to keep from leaking because the
>            hardness of the lines make fitting seating difficult.  Is
>            this true?

I don't know but I've heard the same thing.  However several of us just
put SS brake lines on our Bricklins.  So far, no one had gotten their
cars back on the road.  So can't report on this 1st hand.

John

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org