Stainless Steel Brake Lines

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Stainless Steel Brake Lines
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 10:05:22 -0700 (PDT)
I'm thinking about replacing the old hard brake lines on my car with
stainless steel lines.  There's a company in New York state called
Classic Tube that claims to have preformed SS lines that will fit my
car.

Question 1: has anyone on this list had any experience with the Classic
            Tube, and if so, what was your opinion of their products?

Question 2: I've heard negative comments about SS brake lines- mainly
            that they're hard to keep from leaking because the
            hardness of the lines make fitting seating difficult.  Is
            this true?

Thanks,

Roland