Re: Practice Event, Oakland Coliseum, Sun Jan 29th

To: Jake Hodges <jake@codeworm.com>
Subject: Re: Practice Event, Oakland Coliseum, Sun Jan 29th
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 09:12:30 -0800
On Sat, Jan 28, 2006 at 08:44:00AM -0800, Jake Hodges wrote:

> Hey, all.  I'm very excited about this..
>
> So, what happens if a driver who's stuck a bark code to his car
> changes cars during the course of the season?  Or during the course
> of the run group, which historically we've allowed in the case of
> mechanicals and the like?

The bar code that goes on the car is only good for one event.  It's
like your registration card for that event -- don't lose it!  The
real problem is what happens if the car breaks at the event and the
driver jumps into a different car.

I recommend that everyone make a small magnet to stick the event
barcodes onto, especially for people who are likely to switch cars
between runs at an event.

Drivers who run multiple run groups will have one bar code for each
run group.

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94