Practice Event, Oakland Coliseum, Sun Jan 29th

To: "'ba-autox@autox.team.net'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Practice Event, Oakland Coliseum, Sun Jan 29th
From: "Runnion, Ed" <Ed_Runnion@regionofdoom.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 22:01:17 -0800
So, the rumors are out....it's now official :)

SFR SCCA will be having a PRACTICE Event this coming Sunday, Jan 29th, at
the Oakland Coliseum.

This will be run like a "normal" event, with the exception that no guests
(non-SCCA members) allowed to run.

As for "why"? Well, we are implementing a new and VERY automated
timing/scoring system this year. It also will be a deal where you get into
the system once with your reg info, and after that at future events
literally just pay your $30, tech your car (or annual tech) and get your
barcode scanned and you're registered!!! Beyond that, the software is
capable of some pretty cool things (for example, real-time results for the
announcer even in "paxed" classes like the new T1 and T2 street tire
classes).

But, we need some live debug of the system....meaning under run conditions.
We figured that doing the debug at Boondoggle...usually THE biggest
attendance event of the year...wouldn't be the brightest idea :)

So, we're gonna debug a week early. It will also give us a chance to get a
bunch of the regulars into the database (and verified that all of their info
is correct) with barcodes issued BEFORE the Boondoggle.

The downside : well, it doesn't count for points. And since it IS a debug
event, don't be shocked if we encounter a few, well, bugs :) . It is
entirely possible that these bugs may slow down parts of running the event.
Your patience is appreciated in advance.

Info as far as run groups etc should be on the web within the next day or
two.

Should be a fun one!!!

Ed Runnion
SFR SCCA Solo Chief