Re: Audi A3

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Audi A3
From: Johann Schubert <jes@rx7.org>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 20:33:24 -0700
Sometimes one needs to haul, bikes, cats, kids, dogs or the spare set of tires
to the tire shop...  ;-)

Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:
> Well, it's a, uh, STATION wagon!
> Did I mention that it's a station wagon?

The A3 is a DSG... Tiptronic is just a manual shifter for the electronic
controlled A/T. In Audi's case, I believe most or all of the US A/T models
including those with the Sport package, come programed in "slush mode". Relaxed
shifts and locking out 1st gear in Tiptronic mode. You have to change the ECU
setting (takes 5 minutes!) to get the electronic equivalent of a shift kit and
allow red line in 1st gear in Tip. mode.  Even then it's no comparison to the
DSG...

John