Re: Street Tire Classes and ESP class question about EVO 8

To: Stacey <svwilbur@sbcglobal.net>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Street Tire Classes and ESP class question about EVO 8
From: "Don L." <toy4speed@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 11:13:13 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Stacey,

This is a pretty hot topic on sccaforums, and I understand your apparent
frustration.  Seems there will always be a few classes each year which have
"controversial" classifications.  Untill that model goes to Nationals, kicks
everyones collective butts, hard to argue the classing is unfair.

The SP classing take into account the "most fully developed" example of the
vehicle to compare.  Nationally, you will see some well prepared Camaros and
Mustangs that do fairly well against the AWD group.  Although the AWD cars have
shown well at the ProSolos, where their launch helps, at the Tours it can go
either way as course plays a bigger role.

Locally, we see some well prepped Evos, and not being an expert on the brand, I
can't say how far along the modification scale they are, but I'd guess at least
moderately well prepped.

Your 300z and Camaro, if fairly stock, can't fairly be compared to those other
entries.

Take your 300z, a nice susp design, fairly strong motor, pretty heavy car.
Light years ahead of a Camaro in design, but not the earth shaking torque.
Lower the car with stiffer springs, do an agressive alignment, double
adjustable shocks, carefully picked sway bars, headers, straight exhaust,
lightweight front racing seats, intake, injectors, ecu software, lightweight
wheels with biggee tires of 285-315 width, and throw Ben Martinez in the seat.
The Evos would be looking at your registration stickers.

It's all time and $$$

Enjoy the sport.

Don Lew
DSP Supra