Street Tire Classes and ESP class question about EVO 8

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Street Tire Classes and ESP class question about EVO 8
From: "Stacey" <svwilbur@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 10:07:50 -0700
I was just curious....

Since there is no chance of being competitive with a 1994 300zx naturally
aspirated or a almost stock 1997 Z28 Camaro in ESP class
when using street tires is there a street tire class that would be more
appropriate for us?

Also I have noticed that the EVO 8's in the ESP class are dominating every
event for the last 2 years.  There was only 3 events of
the last 21 events that a EVO 8 did not place first.  It is not always the same
EVO 8 either.

Some specs:
2005 EVO 8   276 HP / 286 Torque   69.7 inch wide X 178.5 inch long, 103.3 inch
wb,  All wheel drive
2003 Camaro  320 HP / 345 Torque  74.1 inch wide X 193.5 inch long,  101.1inch
wb,  rear wheel drive
1997 Camaro  285 HP / 325 Torque  74.1 inch wide X 193.5 inch long,  101.1inch
wb,  rear wheel drive
1994 300zx     222 HP / 198 Torque  70.5 inch wide X 169.5 inch long,
96.5inch wb,  rear wheel drive

The EVO 8 has about same horse power as the older Camaro's at 276 but are a
couple hundred pounds lighter and have "All wheel drive"
to help pull the narrow and short car through the corners much easier than our
big Camaros.   A 300zx should have the cornering
advantage but its lack of torque keep it from being a contender in ESP.  It
just can not get up to speed fast.

Exactly how are EVO 8s considered as being appropriate for the ESP class?
I know they are listed as valid for the class in the class listings.  I was
just wondering why that is the case?

The EVO 8s seem to "out class" anything in ESP.

-Stacey