Re: I need help with understanding Tire options for F STOCK

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: I need help with understanding Tire options for F STOCK
From: "Stacey" <swilbur@sprynet.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 20:10:00 -0700
The TireRack has this message on the Hooser site explaining why they should not
be used on the
highway as a result of the tread compound:

"The Hoosier R3S03 and A3S03 radials are Hoosier's latest generation of DOT
legal competition tires. The R3S03 (Racing) tire
features a tread compound suitable for track and road racing applications,
while the A3S03 (Autocross) tire features a tread
compound tuned for autocross competition. The Hoosier R3S03 and A3S03 are the
lightest of the DOT legal competition tires.

All Hoosier Sports Car DOT radials have passed DOT requirements but have a
special tread compound to facilitate racing. Due to this
special compound, these tires are not suitable for highway use as the expected
miles of wear of these tires is greatly reduced"

-Stacey