Re: I need help with understanding Tire options for F STOCK

To: "INTERNET:jesvilla@gte.net" <jesvilla@gte.net>,
Subject: Re: I need help with understanding Tire options for F STOCK
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 13:51:34 -0400

Message text written by INTERNET:jesvilla@gte.net

"John, your memory is pretty short, that was before I ran F stock in '98.
I got 50 runs out of the set I used in '98, and they still had rubber
left on them. We now get over 80 runs out of the Hoosiers on D. Johnsons
Zo6 Vette.

Jesus
P.S. there were a few factors contributing to only getting 18 runs out
of those tires for you and Pat."

Jesus,
        I'll have to admit I wasn't aware of your extended life tires. Thus
I doubt you could say I forgot what I didn't know.
        Key factors affecting the Hoosier Autocrosser tire life on our V6
Camaro include:
        1) All 18 runs were on concrete: 6 at Mather, 12 at Castle. Castle
is far more abrasive than any of our other current sites.
        2) It's is near impossible to adjust camber very much on the
Camaro. As I recall you can get about minus 1 degree on one side and about
3/4 of a degree on the other.
        I'm glad you're getting long wear on your Hoosiers. I wish ours
would have lasted longer.

--John Kelly