RE: I need help with understanding Tire options for F STOCK

To: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: I need help with understanding Tire options for F STOCK
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 14:24:47 -0400

Message text written by INTERNET:kirkm@zeta-idt.com

"
I think your missing the point in that statement from Hoosier.  They just
don't want people using them as street tires. "

That point is very clear. But the SCCA Solo II Stock classes require Street
tires, not racing tires.
        In fact I told a Hoosier Racing Tire Co. rep that I felt they were
going in the wrong direction in their marketing of "Street" tires. His
reply was that as Hoosier employee employee hired to sell tires, that was
what he felt he had to do. I saw his point of view as well. In the past
decade Hoosier has sold a lot of DOT tires.
        I suspect the chickens are about to come home to roost.

--John Kelly