Re: Security at Stockton Autox 4/28 ??

To: Rob Weinstock <weinstro@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Security at Stockton Autox 4/28 ??
From: Jesus Villarreal <jesvilla@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 11:59:32 -0700
Rob Weinstock wrote:

> I seem to recall a story where someone had their autox car stolen right from
> the lot at Stockton, and the thief was literally chased down by some of the
> other autox'ers. Or is this urban legend?
>
> Regardless, make sure you're insured.
>
> Rob

True story, Jim Neighbors had a Land Rover tow vehicle hooked up to a
trailer with an '89 C4 Corvette on the trailer, he left the keys and
everything in side it, and went to walk the course. Someone asked him if
he had loaned the truck and trailer to someone because there it was
driving out of the site. Well, Don McWilliams(since passed away) got
into his BSPV corvette and started to chase it down, a few others also
got in on the chase, as the perpetraitor realized he was not going to
run away from the people chasing him, he skidded to a stop and jumped
out and ran into the local neighbor"hood". Truck, trailer, and car were
recovered with minor bumps and scratches.

There have been complete toolboxes and other things that have walked
away at that site, so be careful when leaving things out.

Jesus