Please help explain the different events to a Novice

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Please help explain the different events to a Novice
From: "Stacey" <swilbur@sprynet.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 23:04:17 -0700
OK, I admit I am a novice and I know nothing.  ;-)
Please help by pointing me to where I could get answers for these questions.
Thanks.

When I look at the events calendar for SFR SCCA Solo II  it shows the following:

SFR Championship Round 1
SFR Championship Round 2
SFR Championship Round 3
SFR Championship Round 4
SFR Championship Round 5
SFR Championship Round 6
SFR Championship Round 7   4/21 Sun

Then 10   "SFR Championship Event"  dates

Then   7  "SFR Slush Event"  dates

What are the differences in these Rounds / Events?

As in what is the difference in a Round and an Event?

What is a Slush Event?

Is a season 1 year or is each group considered a season on its own?
(I ask this since it looks like the 2001 season had a winter series and
a Championship series and they scored separately.)

I read through the SCCA 2002 Rule book on CD but it did not seem
to explain how the events get tabulated toward points.  Maybe this is
just a regional decision?

Are there particular web pages I should be reading that would explain this to
me?

How are points and awards calculated (on a series or yearly basis or both)?
It sounds like from the
http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Results/2002/supps.html#awards
page that all the different types of events count toward year end points and
trophy,
however only 6 of the 8 event count and only 6 of the 7 event ones count.

Yet the current series shows it is looking at the best 4 points awarded of the
current 7 event series.

How many of the 10 event ones count?

It also says "To be eligible for a year-end trophy in a given class, a
competitor must
have scored points in at least half of the season's events in that class".
So SFR has 24 events, so I have to do at least 12 of them and
score in how many of them to be eligible?

If 12 is the magic number does it matter when they are done?
Example: can one run in two of the 3 series and not in the slush events
and still get the required number or do they need to do half of all events
in each series to be considered for awards/trophies?

Are there awards for each series and then for year end too?

I am asking not because I expect to ever get an award but I would like
to understand the process.

Thanks for you help,

Stacey Wilbur