Tire pressure and the Sun

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Tire pressure and the Sun
From: J C <veloimpreza@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 19:30:59 -0700 (PDT)
I've been noticing... I arrive at an autox, park my
car and let it sit for a while well before my run
group. Before putting air in my tires (after they've
had a chance to cool down from the drive to the event)
I check the pressure. What I find is that the side
facing the Sun is usually a few PSI higher than the
side in the shade (which is no real surprise). My
question is this: when I'm pumping up my tires for the
event should I bias the sunny side to be a few PSI
higher than the shady side or should I make both sides
equal? Discuss!

Joe
http://taxes.yahoo.com/