Re: Please help explain the different events to a Novice

To: J C <veloimpreza@yahoo.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Please help explain the different events to a Novice
From: Jim Ochi <jim_ochi@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 23:58:25 -0700
At 11:33 PM 4/16/2002 -0700, J C wrote:
>As for points every 4 events your lowest score gets
>dropped. So far this year there have been 6 events in
>the championship series. The current points total for
>a given individual is based upon the best 3 scores
>from the first 4 rounds (your lowest score gets
>dropped) and your scores from rounds 5 and 6. Once we
>hit round 8 your lowest score from round 5, 6, 7 and 8
>will be dropped. So for example here's my scores...

FYI, the drops aren't constrained by the round numbers.  Meaning that after
4 events, your lowest score gets dropped.  After 8 events, your lowest 2
scores get dropped.  The second drop doesn't have to be a score in rounds
5, 6, 7, or 8 - it's just your second lowest score.

For example:

Round 1 - 20
Round 2 - 0
Round 3 - 110
Round 4 = 90
Round 5 - 70
Round 6 - 70
Round 7 - 30
Round 8 - 110

The scores from rounds 1 and 2 will be dropped, since those are your two
lowest scores.  Say you run all the events for the rest of the season, and
you somehow win all of them (200 points apiece).  After 16 events, the
lowest 4 scores will be dropped, so the points for rounds 1, 2, 5, 7 will
all be dropped.

Jim