Re: So what IS going to happen to the Miata in 2003?

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: So what IS going to happen to the Miata in 2003?
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 15:26:52 -0700
I think John K. is referring to a proposal to move Miatas from DP to EP.  I
don't know anything about any changes to their Stock or SP classifications.

But as I said yesterday, if Mazda does introduce a 170hp Miata at "just over
a ton," it will probably wind up in BS.  Using a weight of 2100lb, just for
argument's sake, such a car would have a power-to-weight ratio pretty close
to that of an S2K (yes, I know power-to-weight isn't everything, or even
much, in this sport).

And once again, if Mazda actually builds this car, I will buy it in half a
hearbeat!

Scot