Re: AutoX School -- street tires vs. race tires

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AutoX School -- street tires vs. race tires
From: Joey Jarosz <joey@hotngui.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:37:42 -0800
Thanx everyone for the advice. I think I'll go with my race tires because...

1. I think I have enough experience with my street tires on  autocross and the
road track to know how they work
2. I am definitely running the race tires all year (rain not withstanding) and
have already done 2 events with them this year
3. I am already writing off this set of hoosiers as my "learning" tires and
fully expect to need to replace them with new rubber
     before the season is over (SCCA, NASA, AAS)
4. After winning the Slush Novice 1 championship last year while staring at my
new racing tires sitting in my garage, I just want
     to have some fun with them finally...

thanx,
joey

--