Re: SFR Calendar for 2001 is posted

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Subject: Re: SFR Calendar for 2001 is posted
From: "Kevin Lahey" <kml@patheticgeek.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 15:44:29 -0800
In message <93456CB7A08FD211B33D00A0C99D6373701573@SFEMAIL1>,
"Kelly, Katie" writes:
>Kevin Lahey writes...
>>Given the choice between three runs on a slippery, unpleasant surface
>>and four plus runs on the nicer surface at Marina, I suspect I'm gonna
>>be missing a few SCCA events next year.
>
>I think what my dad is trying to say is, if you like running in Marina or
>Sacramento, that's WONDERFUL. Go have fun.

I like running lots and lots of places.  Because the SCCA schedule
appears to conflict with nearly every NASA event, it sounds like I'm
going to have to make a choice.  That seems a little silly to me.

>What stinks for me is that if I want to support SFR's series, I have to run
>on a surface that I just can't stand. So, I understand it's a tough choice.
>But there are more people who really don't care, so there you go.

I think that's what we're talking about here.  Are we at all sure that
there are more people who really don't care?  I've seen a fair number
of folks speak up here, and fairly vehemently.  I suspect that lots of
people would prefer even Oakland (maybe the surface has gotten a bit
better now?) to GGF.

>I would never expect SFR's schedule to change because of MY preferences,
>when it's so clear what the majority wants.

I certainly don't expect SFR's schedule to change because of MY
preferences, either.  I *do* think that it should change in responce
to the preferences of the members, though.  I have a responsibility
to join others in speaking up if the club is doing something that
makes it tougher for me to participate.

If I never give John any feedback about the schedule, but just go off
in a huff to run another series, that's pretty useless.

Kevin
kml@patheticgeek.net