RE: Driving Simulators

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Driving Simulators
From: "Rob Weinstock" <weinstro@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 18:59:36
>Hard Drivin' was way ahead of its time.  Maybe too far.  The dynamics were
>indeed a revelation.  The car seemed to be modeled after some incredibly
>crude and beastly RWD thing.  I am almost sure that you won't find one
>today
>that is working properly.  The shift linkages on those things were always
>broken.

Author Watts recommended that interested readers should seek out this
simulator and put a couple of rolls of quarters into to as cheap, off-season
training.

If it's no longer generally available, I'm happy to try another.

>Another arcade one you might want to try is Sega's Ferrari F355 Challenge
>at
>Dave & Buster's in Milpitas.  The dynamics are good for a sim, and the
>three
>screens provide a somewhat realistic perspective.  I really liked that game
>until I discovered "18 Wheeler" at the same place.  The same one I was
>photographed driving at Malibu GP, but with a much, much bigger steering
>wheel.  The trick is to hold the wheel at the 7 and 5 o'clock positions and
>saw back and forth endlessly until you have successfully destroyed all
>other
>vehicles on the road.

Sounds like a normal Bay Area commute. :) Maybe change the name of the game
to "US 101".

Regards,

Rob

BTW, when are the new rule books available?