Re: what a great school

To: Vernon Head <vhead@fuelrtm.com>
Subject: Re: what a great school
From: "Kevin Lahey" <kml@patheticgeek.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 11:07:01 -0700
In message <-1251924265vhead@fuelrtm.com>Vernon Head writes
>I hope the school was helpful to the new drivers. I sure enjoyed it.

I certainly had a great time as an instructor, and learned quite a bit.
Both of my students really seemed amazed when they took a ride in my
car with me on the course (and I wasn't that fast).  I guess I hadn't
been clearly enough encouraging them to get more agressive.  Other
instructors were smart enough to drive the student's cars during the
morning exercizes to show 'em how it could be done.  Next time, I'll
try that, too...

Anyway, watching all of this school action made me a bit jealous -- I'd
like to have another chance to spend all day messing around with the
car on simple exercizes, trying to get better.  Is there any chance that
SFR SCCA could sponsor the McKamey/Evolution school someplace in the
Bay Area?

We don't have a whole lot of events in August, so that'd be no problem.
I don't actually know how much space they require, but couldn't Oakland
or 3Com or even Marina work?  I'm perfectly willing to put my underdeveloped
organizational skills to work on this, but I'd probably need a partner
in crime, and I'd obviously need help to secure a venue, get insurance,
etc. (in short, would the steering commitee go for this?).

Anybody interested?

Kevin
kml@patheticgeek.net