Re: what a great school

To: Autocross List <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: what a great school
From: Vernon Head <vhead@fuelrtm.com>
Date: 05 Jun 2000 09:43:53 -0700
Thanks, Mike:

I would like to thank all the instructors and people who assisted in the school
on Saturday. Bie, John Kelly, and Rich Urschel were three people who put in
lots of time without getting to teach or drive, which was greatly appreciated.
Thanks to the course stewards Charlie Davis, Andy McKee and Phil Esra for
working so hard to keep things moving. And thanks to Ben Martinez for bringing
the trailer even though he had to work that day.

I also want to thank E.J. Bayliss for doing much work to supply some great
lunches and drinks for everyone. And Kevin Stevens for handling the
registration and driver assignment work. Thank you both for doing a wonderful
job!

Some of you may be wondering why we had no afternoon exercises. The plan was to
set up two timed courses at 3:00, which would give everyone lots of runs. But
we looked all over the motor home and couldn't find the spare timer. We also
only had one generator. I've learned over the past few years that timed runs
are very important, so I scrapped the last two exercises. Next year, we will
try to set up two courses again.

I hope the school was helpful to the new drivers. I sure enjoyed it.

-Vernon