Re: Starts at Nationals

To: Craig Boyle <craig_boyle@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Starts at Nationals
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrc01@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 19:58:07 -0800
Speaking of getting great launch times, here's a superb shareware
program:

http://home.earthlink.net/~patglenn/ct.html

It really worked for me. I used to get the standard
magazine-reviewer 0-60 times in my '95 RX-7, around mid 5
seconds. Then I ran the RX-7 into this program with the tire
diameters and adhesion coefficients of my 245x45x16 Kuhmos and
tweaked some of the "car specific parameters" to be more
realistic. It analyzed dumping vs. slipping the clutch at every
RPM from idle to redline and said the best time would be 4.8
seconds if you dump the clutch at 2300 RPM. So I tried it and got
4.83 seconds. A fluke? I don't know but it sure worked for me.
YMMV.

--
Michael R. Clements
mrc01@flash.net