Re: Should Integra Type R's be in Stock Category?

To: "team.net distribution" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Should Integra Type R's be in Stock Category?
From: Annie Gill <baby_nsx@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 08:58:43 -0800 (PST)
Can't we all just get along? (or at least stop whining?)

Honda/Acura decided a while back not to make any 99 R's, they aren't
even making them for the Japan Domestic Market.  This isn't really new
info...  This is because they are doing a complete redesign on the
car, and they DEFINITELY left the door open for it to come back for
the Y2K model year.

The 1000 rule (as many others have pointed out) is for cars that
aren't already classed, which the Type R for BOTH 1997 and 1998 is.
True, they didn't bring 1000+ 1997 R's over, but there were at least
that for 1998.  I won't even get into all the other stock cars that
are less than 1000 per year...

Personally, I think the car is comptetitive and appropriately classed
exactly where it is -- GS.  If it turns out to be dominating the
class, well, THEN talk about moving it.  I don't think anyone has seen
enough of the car yet and it's potential to decide that it is for
sure, definitely, without a doubt, an overdog in GS.  Competitive,
yes, but overdog, nah, I don't think so.

Thwap!  Dead Horse!  Thwap!  :)

Annie Gill
1998 Integra Type R #405
And yup, it's got BUTT HEAT (gee, I think I've been hanging around Ron
Bauer and Joe Goeke too much...)

---Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:

> I just found out today from Acura that there will be no 1999 Integra
Type R's