RE: over-steer, under-steer, neutral steer...thoughts,

To: "'Jim Swarthout'" <jswarth1@tampabay.rr.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: over-steer, under-steer, neutral steer...thoughts,
From: "Mike Munson" <fasttrs@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 22:51:01 -0500
Jim,

Neutral steering from what I understand is the point between
oversteering and understeering.

It is never an objective of any racer to have any of his four tires
sliding in the turn, or at least the fast ones. A controlled slide or 4
wheel drift I admit is fun and cool to watch but from my lap times I can
attest that it is not the fastest way around a track. Plus it overheats
the tire$. If you set up your suspension optimally for every day driving
then you could get surprised some times when you are not "in the zone".
Don't ask me how I know this.

Mike Munson