vtr

RE: TR6 or TVR overheating woes

To: vtr@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR6 or TVR overheating woes
From: me@jasonwgeorge.ca
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 08:42:31 +0100 (BST)
Cc: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Sender: owner-vtr@autox.team.net
Randall,

Thanks for the quick reply. Its late here and will be attacking it again
tomorrow but thought I'd send back a few responses.

The fill point is indeed at the highest spot, but I have heard the
thermostat mentioned as a problem before. Do I drill the hole just
straight through the thermostat? not the thermostat housing, correct?

Its a cross flow or horizontal radiator and it fills from the top. I
suspect it must have an air lock because this morning the top corner was
warm, the rest cold. So I flushed it. Then it was heating evenly. Then,
after messing with it some more only the top was getting hot.

Thanks for confirming the water tap issue. I understand its drilled
through but the actual outlet comes off at a right angle from the main
shaft, and is smaller than the main hole. Does this sound right or is it
just straight through? I'm PO'd at the people who cleaned the block
because it seems they didn't do 100%.

So am I right in thinking this IS where the water tap is and it IS
clogged? are these always drilled through except, as you say, by strange
chance the factory forgot? what sort of a shape/outlet should I be digging
for or does it just go straight through?

Thanks for your help!
Jason

///
///  vtr@autox.team.net mailing list