Re: [Vintage-race] Power Loss

To: <JWoesvra@aol.com>, <Roger.Sieling@telesistech.com>,
Subject: Re: [Vintage-race] Power Loss
From: "Gerald Brazil" <gerrybraz@cablespeed.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 11:11:44 -0400
As long as this is getting into a "True Confessions", I have one more to
add.

Back when I was racing a Vintage Vee I took the car out of the storage barn
in spring and did all the usual pre race prep. Went out to practice and
found during practice that oil temp was skyrocketing. I came in and started
checking things out. For those of you not familiar with Vintage Vees, they
have to use a fan and a shroud. Anyway, when I got to checking I found that
a rather extended family of mice had built a really luxurious townhouse in
my fan shroud. I demolished the home, the tenants having already fled (was
it my driving?), changed the oil and everything was fine.

I later cut two rectangular holes in the fan shroud and fitted them with
removable rubber plug (Spridget transmission tunnel) so I could pull the
plugs and see if the mice had decided to take up residence again. Those plug
always brought questions during tech. I told the inspectors that they were
Mouse House Inspection Ports.